Proverbs Christian Fellowship (PCF) was founded on March 23, 2003 in the home of Darrell and Makeda Gillespie located at 3422 10th Ave. S., Minneapolis, along with six other people. PCF moved to the Pillsbury House Community Center, 3501 Chicago Ave., S., Minneapolis in March 2004 as the church began to grow.
On September 12, 2004, we held our first service at 1515 Glenwood Ave. N., Minneapolis. We began to incorporate more ministry departments. We continued to thank God for taking our church to a place of effectiveness in our community. We looked forward to watching God work through us.
By October 2011 PCF had outgrown the 1515 Glenwood location. We rented the Jerry Gamble Boys and Girls Club for Sunday morning worship services while continuing to use the rented space at 1515 Glenwood Ave for our Bible studies, a meeting place for ministry departments, choir rehearsals, and other activities.
Three years later we needed to move our Sunday worship event again. Our Sunday services are currently jeld at 2054 James Ave. N., a building owned by The Garden of Gethsemane Church and shared with two other congregations. We have a good relationship with Pastor Cooper and are grateful for the use of the Garden of Getsemane's building for our Sunday services.
We desire to one day purchase a place of our own that will accommodate our growing ministry needs. A permanent place of worship on the North Side of Minneapolis that will allow us to have all of our ministry activities in one location